- News Release
- Release of the New Scanning Electron Microscope JSM-IT300HR InTouchScope(TM) - High performance SEM featuring a new high-brightness electron gun and optical system -
Release of the New Scanning Electron Microscope JSM-IT300HR InTouchScope(TM) - High performance SEM featuring a new high-brightness electron gun and optical system -
JEOL Ltd. (President Gon-emon Kurihara) announces the release of a new scanning electron microscope (SEM), the JSM-IT300HR InTouchScope™. Equipped with a new high-brightness electron gun and optical system, this cutting-edge SEM enables high-quality imaging and highly-efficient acquisition of element analysis data from a sub-micrometer area.
Product development background
Scanning electron microscopes are used in a wide range of fields, such as nanotechnology, metals, semiconductors, ceramics, medicine, and biology. In addition, SEM applications are expanding to not only basic research, but also quality control at manufacturing sites. With this, demands for faster and easier data acquisition are increasing.
Built off of the highly successful and award winning predecessor of our InTouchScope™ series SEMs, the JSM-IT300HR was developed to meet these increasing demands in the market place. This new SEM breaks through the conventional general-purpose SEM in terms of high resolution imaging and high spatial-resolution analysis, by incorporating a new high-brightness electron gun and optical system.
The JSM-IT300HR has adopted our Multi Touch Operating System that has been highly regarded in our InTouchScope™ series. The touch screen interface incorporates Automatic functions and Recipe functions, enabling acquisition of high-quality data with fewer steps. Furthermore, integration of JEOL's energy dispersive X-ray spectrometer (EDS) into the JSM-IT300HR allows for seamless acquisition from image collection to elemental analysis.
The JSM-IT300HR SEM can be equipped in 2 configurations. 1) JSM-IT300HR(LV) for high and low vacuum image observation, 2) JSM-IT300HR(LA) also includes an integrated JEOL EDS system.
- New high-brightness electron gun and optical system provide high resolution imaging and high spatial-resolution analysis.
- Intuitive operation is enabled by Touch panel functions, Automatic functions and Recipe functions.
- Easy-to-use software interface (GUI) includes full integration of image observation and element analysis, allowing even novice users to perform any task with high efficiency.
- Large specimen stage which accommodates various sizes and types of specimens for extended observation and analysis.
- Small footprint equivalent to the conventional general-purpose SEM.
Annual unit sales target
50 units/year (initial year)