- News Release
- Release of the New Scanning Electron Microscope JSM-IT200 Series InTouchScope™ - Fast observation, analysis and report generation with high performance analytical tool -
Release of the New Scanning Electron Microscope JSM-IT200 Series InTouchScope™ - Fast observation, analysis and report generation with high performance analytical tool -
JEOL Ltd. (President Gon-emon Kurihara) announces the release of a new scanning electron microscope (SEM), the JSM-IT200 series InTouchScope™, to be released in March 2018.
Product development background
Scanning electron microscopes are used in a wide range of fields, such as nanotechnology, metals, semiconductors, ceramics, medicine, and biology. In addition, SEM applications are expanding to not only cover basic research, but also quality control at manufacturing sites. With this, demands for faster and easier data acquisition of both SEM images and analysis results, such as energy dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDS) spectra, are increasing.
Based on the highly successful and award winning predecessor of our InTouchScope™ series SEMs, we have developed the JSM-IT200 series to meet these increasing demands in the market place. The JSM-IT200 series incorporate innovative functions, comparable to those of the JSM-IT500 series which are higher-end models of InTouchScope™ series. In terms of throughput, the JSM-IT200 achieves approximately 35% higher than our previous JSM-IT100 series, enabling significantly faster and easier analyses.
The JSM-IT200 series can be equipped in 4 configurations. 1) JSM-IT200BU with simple configuration, 2) JSM-IT200LV equipped with low-vacuum capability, 3) JSM-IT200A that comes with EDS and 4) JSM-IT200LA with both low-vacuum and EDS functions.
- "Specimen Exchange Navi" enables safe and simple specimen exchange.
- Integration of SEM and EDS system allows for seamless acquisition from image collection to elemental analysis.
- With our "Zeromag" function, sample navigation is even easier than ever before. "Zeromag" which links SEM image with Holder Graphics or optical CCD image, enables you to quickly locate areas for imaging and analysis.
- With the aid of a 2-axis (X, Y) motorized stage, wide area (mm scale) SEM images and elemental map montages can be acquired automatically by simply selecting the area of interest on the optical CCD image.
- With our Analytical series ("Live Analysis" function), the embedded EDS system shows a real time EDS spectrum during image observation for quick and efficient elemental analysis.
- "SMILE VIEW™ Lab" for integrated management of image and analysis data, facilitates report generation from all data ranging from collected SEM images to elemental analysis results.
Note: The photo of the instrument is JSM-IT200(LA)
Annual unit sales target
300 units / year