Release of the New High Throughput Analytical Electron Microscope JEM-ACE200F
JEOL Ltd. (President Gon-emon Kurihara) announces the release of a new high throughput analytical electron microscope, JEM-ACE200F, to be released in December 2018.
Product development background
Along with further miniaturization of devices in the recent semiconductor industry, the transmission electron microscope (TEM) has become an essential tool for various applications of device characterization. These applications include morphological observation, critical dimension measurement, elemental analysis, local strain analysis, and dopant concentration measurement. Particularly the industry requests fast, stable, and highly resolved data acquisition for the morphological observation, the critical dimension measurement and the elemental analysis, in order to feedback those to manufacturing process.
JEOL has developed a new TEM, JEM-ACE200F, which meets these requests. The JEM-ACE200F can work on the pre-programmed recipes, which reflects the standard analysis procedures of the device characterizations. With the recipes, the unattended operation of the microscope is available and data are produced automatically.
Since the JEM-ACE200F inherits hardware technologies of the JEM-ARM200F high-end TEM and the JEM-F200 multi-purpose FE-TEM, this new high throughput analytical electron microscope provides superbly high stability and analytical capabilities with a renewed sophisticated exterior design.
- High throughput
- Fast data acquisition by a combined use with automatic microscope tuning functions (TEM/STEM).
- Short specimen-holder pre-evacuation period enables quick start of observation within 30 sec from the time of holder insertion.
- User-friendly interface
- Sophisticated GUI based on daily microscope operation.
- All of the operations can be covered by mouse operation.
- Recipes for easy programming and changing
- The recipe of workflow can be programmed with intuitively designed tools.
- The workflow can be flexibly programmed using a variety of standardized programming languages.
- Environmental-friendly design
- Adoption of a highly environmental resistance enclosure.
- Remote operation.
|TEM resolution (at 200 kV)||Point image 0.21 nm
Lattice image 0.10 nm
Information limit 0.11 nm
|STEM resolution (at 200 kV)||STEM DF image 0.136 nm
STEM BF image 0.136 nm
|Electron gun||Schottky field emission gun, ZrO/W(100) emitter|
|Accelerating voltage||60 to 200 kV
(80, 200 kV; standard, Other voltages; option)
|Specimen movements||X, Y: ± 1.0 mm Z: ± 0.2 mm|
|Specimen tilt angle||TX/TY (with Specimen Tilting Holder) ±20°／±25°
TX (with Specimen High Tilting Holder) ±80°
|Options||Energy dispersive X-ray spectrometer (EDS), Electron energy-loss spectrometer (EELS), Multi-specimen auto transfer system, Integrated TEM control system (Automation Center), TEM/STEM tomography system|
Annual unit sales target