- Mass Spectrometer
- JMS-T200GC AccuTOF GCx High Performance Gas Chromatograph – Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer
JMS-T200GC AccuTOF GCx High Performance Gas Chromatograph – Time-of-Flight Mass SpectrometerA superior gas chromatograph time-of-flight mass spectrometer (GC-TOFMS) system that simultaneously accomplishes high-resolution analysis, high mass accuracy, and high-speed data acquisition.
- Related Products
The AccuTOF GCx provides solutions in a variety of applications.
Reliable determination of elemental composition
The high-resolution and high mass accuracy AccuTOF™ GCx enables accurate elemental composition determination, which is a powerful tool for the qualitative analysis of unknown compounds and impurities.
High mass accuracy (at different concentrations, single ion)
Stable mass accuracy over time
100 fg of octafluoronaphthalene (OFN) was measured continuously 8 times. From the standard deviation of the EIC peak areas of OFN molecular ions, an instrument detection limit (IDL) of 16 fg was calculated.
CV: Coefficient of variation IDL: Instrument detection limit
Wider mass range
Oligomer analysis with direct MS
The AccuTOF™ GCx, with a wide mass range and direct inlet system, can analyze samples with large molecular weights that are difficult to handle with GC.
A variety of ionization and sample introduction techniques
FI and FD - Ideal soft ionization techniques for molecular weight determination
FI and FD are ionization techniques with a low level of internal energy in molecular ions compared to EI and CI.
Being soft ionization techniques with minimum fragmentation, FI and FD are ideal for molecular weight determination.
- The sample is introduced to the ion source through GC or a standard sample inlet system.
- Unlike CI, FI uses no reagent gas; no need to choose a reagent gas appropriate for the analyte.
Molecular ions of fluorine compounds that are prone to fragmentation were detected.
- The sample is applied onto the emitter and directly introduced to the system.
- Suitable for analysis of thermally labile compounds.
- Ideal for samples soluble in nonpolar solvents.
- Analyzes powder samples dispersible in solvents.
- Analyzes low- to mid-polar metal complexes.
- Analyzes high molecular weight samples not supported in GC/MS, such as polymer.
Information on molecular weight was rapidly acquired from nonvolatile ionic liquid.
EI/FI/FD combination ion source (optional)
JEOL's unique ion source combining EI, FI, and FD ionization allows for GC/EI, GC/FI, and FD analysis without changing the ion source. The single ion source supports highly productive analysis without breaking the vacuum.
Direct sample inlet system (optional)
2 types of direct sample inlet probes for different applications
EI and CI supported
DEP (Direct Exposure Probe)
- Ideal for high boiling point/thermally unstable compounds
- The sample, which is dissolved in a solvent, is applied to the filament at the tip.
DIP (Direct Insertion Probe)
- Ideal for high boiling point compounds/samples insoluble in solvent
- A solid sample can be directly introduced to a dedicated glass sample tube for analysis.
Qualitative analysis combining EI and FI
The EI mass spectrum allows for library search. The elemental composition of fragment ions results in structural information. Meanwhile, molecular ions detected in FI suggest the molecular weight and elemental composition. By combining the information resulting from EI and FI, one can achieve highly accurate qualitative analysis without relying solely on library search. The combined technique is effective in qualitative analysis of unknown components such as impurities.