Quantitative analysis is essential to our daily lives, supporting activities like health checks, content labeling for foods and pharmaceutical products, and the monitoring of harmful substances. Quantitative NMR (qNMR) has recently been a focus of attention as an even more reliable method of performing quantitative analysis.
To enhance the reliability of quantitative analysis and contribute to the safety and security of society, JEOL is involved in the development of equipment and software, and offers comprehensive support, in addition to contributing to the (international) standardization of qNMR methodologies.
What is qNMR ?
Quantitative NMR or qNMR is quantitative analysis using NMR.
The principle difference from other quantitative analytical methods is absolute quantitative analysis method which does not require the same standard substance as an analyte.
Quick Introduction to Quantitative NMR
- Committee for the Development of qNMR Technology in Japan / qNMR-JCommittee for the Development of qNMR Technology in Japan was established on October 31, 2018. The aim is to be the basis for activities of progress and dissemination. Currently, the focus is on activities by working groups promoting international standardization, but in the future, we aim to be a participatory meeting in which a wide and open exchange can be active. The purpose of establishment details can be confirmed here. We keep posting our activities such as the schedule on our website.
- Standards for qNMR: Wako Pure Chemical Industries, Ltd.
- NMR validation
- ISRD (qNMR Internal Standard Reference Data):BIPM
BIPM (International Bureau of Metrology) is conducting research on analytical methods of standard substances using qNMR. ISRD of maleic acid has been released as information on reference standard for qNMR.
Evaluation of physical properties for use as a reference standard for qNMR is gathered and it is information necessary for selection of reference standard. This information is scheduled to be released on BIPM's HP, and it will be useful for selection of reference standard to implement qNMR.
- JAPANESE STANDARDS ASSOCIATION
JIS K 0138 : General rules for qNMR
- qNMR summit
qNMR Summit 2019Date/Period: Oct. 2 - 3, 2019
Location: USP, L Rockville (MD), USA
Organaizer: USP, UIC’s CENAPT
Program and registration :
qNMR Summit 2020Date/Period: March. 25 - 26, 2020
Location: Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Organaizer: Mike Bernstein (Mestrelab Research)
Location: Aula Magna A. Alto, Bari, Italy
The 2018 qNMR Summit will be held on the 29th and 30th of January, 2018, in Tokyo, Japan.
This Summit is being hosted by JEOL Ltd, Wako Pure Chemical Industries Ltd. and is being implemented under the auspices of the Japanese Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry 2017 “Initiative to Promote Strategic International Standardization”.
This initiative is an international standardization development activity related to strategic fields of governmental development”.
Location： University of Würzburg （Germany)
- What is qNMR (quantitative NMR) ?
- Application of qNMR Part1: Quality control of organophoshorus pesticides
- Application of qNMR Part2: Quantification of carminic acid in cochineal extract
- Application of qNMR Part3: Quantification of quercetin in Tartary buckwheat
- Application of PULCON to purity assay of Acetoaminophen
- System validation in Quantitative NMR