- News Release
- Release of the New Scanning Electron Microscope JSM-IT500HR - High-throughput SEM with a high-brightness electron gun for fast and easy analysis -
Release of the New Scanning Electron Microscope JSM-IT500HR - High-throughput SEM with a high-brightness electron gun for fast and easy analysis -
JEOL Ltd. (President Gon-emon Kurihara) announces the release of a new scanning electron microscope (SEM), the JSM-IT500HR for unprecedentedly high throughput, to be released in August 2017.
Product development background
Scanning electron microscopes are used in a wide range of fields, such as nanotechnology, metals, semiconductors, ceramics, medicine, and biology. In addition, SEM applications are expanding to not only basic research, but also quality control at manufacturing sites. With this, demands are increasing for faster data acquisition of higher-quality SEM images and for easier confirmation of compositional information by seamless analysis.
Built off of the highly successful and award winning predecessor of our InTouchScope™ series SEMs, the JSM-IT500HR was developed to meet these increasing demands in the market place. This new SEM breaks through the conventional general-purpose SEM in terms of high resolution imaging and high spatial-resolution analysis, by incorporating a new high-brightness electron gun. Furthermore, integration of JEOL’s energy dispersive X-ray spectrometer (EDS) into the JSM-IT500HR allows for seamless acquisition from image collection to elemental analysis.
The JSM-IT500HR adopted our Multi Touch Operating System that has been highly regarded in our InTouchScope™ series. The touch screen interface incorporates various automatic functions and “Specimen Exchange Navi”, enabling acquisition of high-quality data without complicated condition setup and area search.
The JSM-IT500HR integrated high performance with unprecedented ease of operation, enabling dramatically improved work efficiency, 40% or higher than our conventional models.
The JSM-IT500HR SEM can be equipped in 2 configurations. 1) JSM-IT500HR/LV for high and low vacuum image observation, 2) JSM-IT500HR/LA also includes an integrated JEOL EDS system.
- A high-brightness electron gun provides high resolution imaging and high spatial-resolution analysis.
- "Zeromag" function, which links Holder Graphics, CCD and SEM images, makes sample navigation easier than ever.
- With our Analytical series ("Live Analysis"), the embedded EDS system shows a real time EDS spectrum during image observation for efficient elemental analysis.
- SMILE VIEW™ Lab, enabling integrated management of image and analysis data, facilitates report generation for all data from collected SEM images to elemental analysis results.
- "Specimen Exchange Navi" enables safe and simple specimen exchange.
- With the newly-developed Auto Beam Alignment function, the electron optical conditions are always kept optimum.
- Large specimen stage which accommodates various sizes and types of specimens for extended observation and analysis.
- Small footprint equivalent to the conventional general-purpose SEM.
Note: The photo of the instrument is JSM-IT500HR/LA.
Annual unit sales target
100 units/year (initial year)