TP-40020NPS Thermal Plasma Nanopowder Synthesis System
- Related Products
A multipurpose experiment or a tiny amount production system which uses RF induction plasma of super-high temperature, high purity, and high chemical reaction field.
Main applications are nanopowder synthesis and surface treatment of fine powder.
Compact one unit system, small foot print, easy installation and easy operation.
- Argon based thermal plasma.
Can generate mixed plasma by introducing other gases such as oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen.
- By introducing raw materials such as fine particle into the plasma, evaporation or melting, chemical reaction or reforming are done instantaneously.
- Can create nanomaterials, not only single element nanoparticle but also composite nanoparticle.
- High-purity material synthesis under non-consumable electrode and in-flight plasma process.
Examples of nanopowder synthesis
Nickel nanopowder synthesis from fine powder of approx. 2 to 3 micron
Silicon nanopowder synthesis from fine powder of approx. 1 micron
Nanopowder synthesis of multielement ceramics by flash evaporation from mixed several ceramics
Example of nitride synthesis
Si3N4 nanopowder synthesis by nitriding from silicon fine powder of approx. 5 micron
Example of composite powder
Copper nano particles are deposited around tungsten particle
- RF power : max. 6kW
- Generate argon based RF induction plasma
- Working pressure : approx. 10 to 70kPa
Rough indication for nanopowder synthesis experiment
- Raw material powder : Inorganic material of metal or ceramics
- Powder size : approx. 1 to 10μｍ *1 *2
- Powder feeding rate : 0.1 to 1g/min *1 *2
- *1 : Depending on powder kind / size / weight / shape / state.
- *2 : Over 10 μｍ powders can be used for treatments of surface modification,
surface chemical reaction and spheroidization.
And the rate can be over 1g/min.
|Input power||Φ3 AC200V±5% approx.50A|
|Cooling water||approx. 60L/min in total
Water quality : Tap water degree
Inlet pressure : 0.3 to 0.4 MPa
Outlet pressure : 0.1 MPa or less
|Gases for plasma||Ar=max.50L/min *3
O2=max. 5L/min (Optional spec)
N2=max. 5L/min (Optional spec)
Carrier gas=max. 10L/min (Optional spec)
|Ground||10Ω or less|
- *3 : Actual use : approx. 30 to 40L/min
- *4 : Consideration of safety measures is required.